Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Looking forward to a great harvest.



Did I mention that we have been busy? We reduced the size of our garden yet again this year. After we bought this house we were finally able to plant our first garden. Too much shade from other yards at our last house made it impossible. We are learning by trial and error. We planted everything we planted last year in 3/4 of the space. We had alot of weeds last year. I could never keep up on them. So we used some handy blocks and put a border on it, which may also keep out the weeds. So... with some great soil and alot of good, hard work, our garden is in. We are hoping to avoid any last minute snow or hail storms, but this year it is sure to be a large gamble. In the picture you can see the progress of Mikes shop. It is moving along at a snails pace, but with large yard & roof projects out of the way he can concentrate more on his shop. At least that is the plan. Now, if we can just keep the dog out of the garden...

5 comments:

silvernic said...

I just want to know what you're going to put in the shop that requires that it be 80 feet tall!!!

aimeee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aimeee said...

Whatever we want, maybe my new pet giraffe;)

Joann said...

I really hope my garden can look that great! I think we may have killed some of the plants in the first two days. Guess we'll wait and see after this nice cool weather if they made it. I am just praying that we get some good watermelon. By the way, our garden is 31' x 35'. What's yours? I think we may have a bigger space than we can handle!

aimeee said...

Ours is 15'x 30'.
Mike says... they'll learn...