Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day





Memorial Day is a Good day for remembering. I am so grateful for the men and women in our military and I am thoughtful everyday of those who are fighting for us. My next door neighbor returned from Afghanistan last week and we are happy to see him home. With Memorial Day as an excuse, we ventured out to visit the grave of those we knew and loved. A quote on a head stone I read said something like, those that we love are never lost, we can always love them. That rings true to me. Mike and I have lost a lot of elderly family in the 12 years we have been married, and others not so elderly. The number between our two families is something around 10. Our lives have been blessed to know and interact and love those who came before us. They are not forgotten. We snapped a few pictures of the headstones, why not. I do not have a picture of the head stone of Mike's Grandma Grose. But included is both sets of my grandparents, Mikes paternal grandparents, and my Dad who died in '04. Do not think I am morbid. I knew and loved these people, They loved and cared for me and my family. I have never met more wonderful people and and I am glad for their peace.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I don't think it's morbid or disrespectful in any way to photo family headstones. If you are like me, my blog is now sort of my journal and it's important to record these things.